IMPROVING YOUR SECURITY ON GOOGLE CHROMEDecember 4, 2018
Window 10 start menu search not working?December 4, 2018
Microsoft Access is a relational database management system designed by Microsoft. It helps in analyzing and managing a huge amount of data more efficiently than MS Excel. It has a very simple & intuitive GUI and has interoperability with other platforms like SQL Server database or VBA.
If Microsoft Access is not installed properly or the setup has issues, you will start getting error messages and application freezes randomly. Therefore, if you face issues with Microsoft Access, you need to take quick action to resolve the problem at the earliest.
What is Access database error code 53
Access Database Error code 53 is a common windows error that one will encounter when you try to install something and it is not configured properly. This error can also come if the file segments are missing and Microsoft Access can’t function without those files.
You need to find out what is causing it, and how to resolve it. Here are some of the reasons why you may get error 53 in the access database.
Causes of Error code 53
- While installing an application or software, something goes wrong with the transmitted packets. As a result, some registry settings goes missing and leads to error 53 in the access database.
- Your Database tables have become corrupted or are not linked with each other anymore. This will lead to an error when you try to access those tables.
- Any changes made to your Database path will also cause this error.
- If you delete any file related to the Microsoft Access setup after installation, then the File segments go missing. This can cause your incomplete program to malfunction.
- Using incorrect connectionString credentials can lead to this error while accessing the database.
Now you can try the below fixes to resolve the issue.
Fixing error code 53 in Access database
- The simplest fix is to use system restore to rollback to a previous restore point and fix the problem. Since the issue mainly happens due to a new update or an incorrect software installation, System restore works best in these cases. You can follow the below steps to perform System Restore:
- Go to Start Menu.
- Navigate to All Programs -> Accessories.
- There you will find System Tools -> System Restore.
- System Restore window will appear with a list of most recent restore points. Choose the one which you want and click on Next.
- Now the system will restart and it will be restored to the earlier point automatically.
- You need to clean your registry using online tools like CCleaner, AusLogics or any other online registry cleaner.
- The path should be the same as used earlier in the project when you are connecting to the Microsoft Access Database. Check the path if it is pointing to the correct location or not.
- Check that you are providing the correct connectionString credentials while accessing the database.
- If you are getting the error while querying a table, you need to relink the tables once again. Right click on a table, and choose Linked Table Manager. Choose the option “Select all” and then save it by clicking “OK”.
So this was how you can fix the Access error code 53 using the above fixes. If you ever run into this error, you should try to resolve the error as soon as possible as further delay may crash your system. So, what are your views on this? Do let us know in the comments below!